The African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF), is the African Union’s Specialized Agency for Capacity Development. The establishment of ACBF in 1991 was in response to the severity of Africa’s capacity needs, and the challenges of investing in indigenous human capital and institutions in sub-Saharan Africa. ACBF interventions are premised on four principles: the centrality of capacity to the development process in Africa; the critical role of a partnership and demand driven approach in tackling capacity challenges; African ownership and leadership in the capacity development process; and a systematic, sequenced and coordinated approach to the capacity development process.
The African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) seeks to recruit a Knowledge Management Expert.
Key roles and responsibilities
The African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) seeks to recruit a Knowledge Management Expert whose specific responsibilities will among others include:
- Support production of policy briefs for Strategic Studies and the Africa Capacity Report (ACR) for 2018.
- Support timely delivery of the African Community of Practice (AfCoP) activities and short-term trainings.
- Support implementation of activities under the 2018 annual work plan of the African Think Tank Network (ATTN).
- Provide background research information for the Knowledge and Learning activities including drafting of talking points for High Level Forums
- Provide technical-related support for implementation of the knowledge activities/events lined up under the 2018 Business Plan.
- Update ACBF’s experts/consultants’ database.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Director of Knowledge and Learning and/or ACBF Executive Secretary.
Experience and skills
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the international development field mainly undertaking research (preferably policy-oriented). Knowledge of results-based management and public-sector management will be an added advantage.
To apply email: Recruitment@acbf-pact.org