Are you a dynamic, driven and experienced Project Manager with a passion for making positive change happen? Looking for a rewarding and career-enhancing new opportunity? If so, join Nesta as Project Manager and play a vital role in supporting the development and delivery of the NGI Forward project, an exciting new European Commission funded project.
Nesta is a global innovation foundation. We back new ideas to tackle the big challenges of our time. Our mission is to spark and shape new ideas that improve how the world works for everyone. We use our knowledge, networks, funding and skills – working in partnership with others, including governments, businesses and charities. We are a UK charity but work all over the world, supported by a financial endowment.
NGI Forward is a three-year project tasked with helping set the strategy and policy agenda of the Next Generation Internet initiative, the European Commission’s ambitious new flagship programme seeking to build a more democratic, inclusive and resilient future internet. This project will build on our current work under the EU Engineroom project, and is set to start in January.
Working in our Research, Analysis and Policy and Explorations Team, the focus of this role is the day-to-day project management of NGI Forward, including overseeing all administrative, compliance, contractual and financial matters. You will also take the lead on setting milestones and developing project delivery plans and managing partners to ensure deliverables are submitted on time and to a high standard of quality.
Key roles and responsibilities
You will also be expected to:
- Set up and maintain the project website and social media channels
- Maintain close relationships and coordinate with other projects funded under the NGI initiative
- Support the team to build a network of key policymakers and civil society organisations
- Help to organise and run events and workshops
Experience and skills
What we are looking for:
- You must have extensive experience of project management and compliance, particularly of multi-partner, international collaborative projects, plus a proven track record of building and maintaining project management processes and streamlining complex monitoring/reporting requirements.
- Collaborative, flexible and proactive, you must be an outstanding communicator, both verbal and written, with strong numeracy and financial skills, while some experience of website and social media management is also vital.