IPPR, the Institute for Public Policy Research, aims to influence policy in the present and reinvent progressive politics in the future.
We are dedicated to the better country that Britain can be through progressive policy and politics.
With nearly 40 staff across four offices throughout the UK, IPPR is Britain’s only national think tank with a truly national presence.
Our independent research is wide ranging and covers the economy, work, skills, transport, democracy, the environment, education, energy, migration and healthcare among many other areas.
IPPR is looking to recruit a temporary Media and Digital Assistant. This is an exciting and challenging role based in IPPR’s communications team, which works to ensure that IPPR has impact and influence across a wide range of audiences.
Key roles and responsibilities
- You will work closely with colleagues to plan, develop, coordinate and deliver IPPR communications across a range of channels.
- You will have a particular focus on media and digital communications.
- You will carry out a range of tasks aimed at building IPPR’s profile in the media and social media, achieving impact and influence for our work.
Experience and skills
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a communications or media environment with a good knowledge of the UK media and an interest in public affairs and public policy.
In addition to this they will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interpret and communicate complex information and draft accurate and concise media releases
- First rate administrative and IT skills and
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
How to apply
As part of our commitment to flexible working we will consider a range of options for the successful applicant to fill the post. All options can be discussed at interview stage.
For an information pack and application form please visit www.ippr.org/about/vacancies or email email@example.com quoting the job title or REF: MDA/AUG. Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not send CVs.
In order to complete your application please also complete IPPR’s equal opportunities monitoring form available at www.ippr.org/about/vacancies.
- Type of contract: Full-time, four month fixed term contract
- Salary: £25,477 per annum pro rata plus benefits